Chants are led by the “Superfan” in the front of the center section of bleachers, directly behind the scorers’ table. Be sure to listen to the “Superfan” at the beginning of each possession to hear the chant.
Don’t speed up! We can’t stress this enough. Don’t speed up!
During the National Anthem, yell “Hail!” and raise your fist as the word is sang.
Chant “Go!” “Blue!” with the band during opposing team’s introductions, loud enough to drown out the names of the players being introduced.
“Swag Surf” with the introduction hype video and get crazy when each player is announced.
When Michigan’s lineup is being introduced, listen to the player’s name as it’s introduced and go wild cheering for them!
- Here we go Michigan, here we go! (clap clap)
- Let’s Go Michigan! (clap clap, clap clap clap)
- Go Blue, Go! (clap clap clap)
- Go Blue! (clap clap)
- Let’s Go Blue! (clap)
- Popcorn (Jump up and down while screaming OHHHH!!)
- De-fense! (clap clapg)
- In certain cases, we target a certain player and boo them any time the ball is in their hands
- Bounce! Bounce! Pass! (Yell “bounce” when the opposition dribbles, and “pass” when they pass). Note: This chant is only used in blowouts.
When Opposition Shoots Free-Throws
- Go… Blue… chant with pep band
- You will miss! / You will miss again!
- After missing the first free throw, yell “0 for 1!”
- If a player is taking a long time to shoot count from 1-10 fast to pressure them to shoot
- Bark at the shooter
- Create total silence, then one person screams
- Listen to the center section for other improvised chants
When Michigan Shoots Free Throws:
Raise your hands and wiggle your fingers when the shooter gets the ball from the official. Upon a make, lower your hands and yell “WOOSH”. Then, raise your right fist and yell “Hail!” like singing The Victors.